Thursday, January 1, 2009

Recap

Borrowing from my friend Mary, who also borrowed this fun idea.

The first sentence from the first post of each month of 2008, accompanied by a little update.

January:

I am so glad this day is over.

FYI, we still have these days. More frequently than I would like. My prayer is that God will continue to teach me to show grace, to be patient, and to speak and act in love - especially to those I love the most.

February:

February 1, 2002... After a super-fast induced labour, and a whirlwind delivery made by the nurse (because the doctor arrived 6 minutes later), we had the joy of welcoming our first baby girl!

This big girl lost her first tooth last week. She told me that even though she knows I am the tooth fairy, she would pretend to believe so her sisters wouldn't be sad. (I think she was a bit afraid that if she didn't believe she might not find any money under her pillow the next morning.)

March:

Blessed are those who mourn...

The beatitudes are worth revisiting this new year.

April:

I am going to post something fun, interesting, and wonderful tomorrow!

My writing (and writer's block) are keeping time with the same cycle as month's ago...

May:

No matter how old the mother is, her love is fresh and new with each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild.

I really hope to go visit my Grandma this summer!

June:

I don't want to violate anyone's privacy, so I'm going to keep this post rather vague and obscure, but I trust that God will direct.

Go right ahead and keep on praying.

July:

It's easy to complain.

Still blessed, still complaining, still learning.

August:

Dutch Bros Coffee.

This trip was definitely one of our most memorable family times. The kids still ask if we can go on another long trip and stay in cabins, "but a cabin with two rooms, so the kids get their own." (For two of our seven nights we were able to stay in a 2-room cabin - what a treat!)

September:

Here's a little tidbit for ya - I always thought the word was pronounced Meeeeeee-M.

So, I think my source was wrong. I do actually think it's pronounced as above. Hey - no one's right all the time!

October:

If you've been reading for a while, you're well aware of my struggle to lose the last "few" post-baby pounds.

Can you say, "New Year's Resolution?" Yep.

November:

Two weeks ago - lotsa comments, me so happy.

Here's a funny thing I noticed. When I get lots of comment feedback, I feel affirmed and loved and encouraged, therefore I write more (and I think - better). When I begin to lose that [comment] lovin' feeling, whoa that [comment] lovin' feeling I get a wee bit discouraged, and write less often (and of lesser quality). Which begets fewer comments. It's like the "circle of life" only not quite as sweet and beautiful.

December:

I was tagged by Hope at Pink-a-Doodle-Doo for this fun Christmas post. (Um, since there are already lots of links in this first sentence, click here to view the post.)

As you can tell, I do enjoy posting a meme or participating in a "tag" on my blog. Gives some fun fodder to jot down, without too much deep thinking (which would be especially painful after staying up TWO WHOLE HOURS past my bedtime in order to count backwards from 10).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!