Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And the Winner is....

One of these days I'll get all high-tech and figure out how to take a "screen shot" of the winning numbers. I used Random.org and asked it to choose a number between 1 and 15 (inclusive) and the genie in the computer chose #11. If you look back, you'll see only 12 comments and you may wonder if I've forgotten how to count. I did promise the first-time commenters that I would give each of them two entries, though, so Michelle was #13, Rachelle from The Beys were #14, and Angie was #15.

Here's something funny for ya - comment #11, as you will notice, is from Louise. Louise lives right here in town, less than a five-minute drive from me!

Louise, to show you what you have won, heeeeeeeer's Vanna Pat!

(Insert deep, booming, game show voice.)
"Louise, you have won this fabulous prize from Casa Del Rowan."
(Envision perfectly manicured hands, holding up object, waving in front of object enticingly.)
"Look at your amazing prize..."



"It's your very own pair of the ugliest, most comfortable shoes ever made!"
(Host's eyes focusing right on the camera.)
"Louise, please send me your shoe size, along with three colour preferences (in case your first choice isn't in stock) in order to receive your prize in a timely manner. And folks, don't forget to have your pets spayed or neutered."
(Little side note here - I asked Pat to do this on video for me, but no amount of pleading would convince him to make a fool of himself on the www. Party pooper.)


Pat's initial prize choice was a pickle, so these faux fur-lined clogs are a massive step up. Pat hopes you will enjoy wearing yours around your house and yard as much as he enjoys his.


Thanks to you all for delurking and giving me some comment love!


And on a bizarre and interesting (and totally unrelated) side-side note, suddenly yesterday afternoon I began to receive emails informing me of comments. Hooray! So I will turn off comment moderation and bask in the glory of receiving an email theverysecond someone comments on a post. :) Happy me.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo Aaaaa

    I won! I really won! I never win! Yippee! Hooray! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I don't think I'd do the video either :P

    I think my husband needs a pair of fur lined clogs. He still wears his crocs in the middle of winter. Brrr....

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!