Monday, January 26, 2009

Questions on the State of Our Hearts

This is love for God: to obey His commands...for everyone born of God overcomes the world. ~ 1 John 5:2b,4a

In our lives, do we show others that we love God? Are we really God's children? Do we obey His commands? Are we overcoming the world? Or do we simply pay lip service to the Holy One of Heaven?

God is light: in Him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. ~ 1 John 1:5b-6

Are we walking in the light, or are we lying to ourselves?

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. ~ 1 John 1:9

Are we in the light?

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. ~ 1 John 2:15

Do we allow our hearts and spirits to be so full of love for the things of this world, that there is no room for the love of the Father?

If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? ~ 1 John 3:17

Do we view those in need with concern, or have we allowed our hearts to grow hard? Does the love of God reside in us?

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. ~ 1 John 4:8

Are our lives a reflection of God's love to those around us? Do we really know Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!