Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Resisting Temptation



This past week has been tough! I am using Weight Watchers to help me watch my eating, because I find if I'm without 'rules' to follow I give in to temptation far too easily. I'm only allowed 22 points per day, which I'm guessing is close to 1200 calories. Two weeks ago, when I was full-time breastfeeding, I was able to eat 30 points per day. BIG change in eating habits! But I made it!!!

I was fairly lazy this week...just couldn't seem to get motivated to exercise. But last night Pat did pilates and an aerobics video with me (if you saw the 'girlie' moves they were doing, you'd be so impressed). Sweet, sweet man, willing to set aside his weight bench to help motivate me.

This morning, God gave me some great encouragement to resist temptation - the temptation to overeat or make poor choices, the temptation to be lazy and unmotivated, the temptation to give up. Matthew 4:4 says Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" When I read those words it struck me, I don't NEED potato chips or an extra serving of dinner. I don't NEED to rest and relax. The One and Only thing I need is the Word of God! I do believe that God intends for me to be healthy and well, free from back pain and free from vices. He can help me do this! How terrible that I only now realize how much God really has to do with my weight loss, how much He really cares.

Here are my 'tales from the scales' for this week...
weight: 158.4 lbs (lost 1.4)
body fat: 30% (lost 1)
Not the amazing results I was hoping for, but in keeping with how hard (or not) I worked. And a loss is a loss, right?

7 comments:

  1. That's right! Sounds like you're on the right track!! I'm like you -- without rules, I don't seem to have any will-power. I gave up WW though, because I really feel like I needed to be able to do it without counting and planning everyday, otherwise it would never actually become a free-will habit. So I'm struggling, but progressing. Very slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WW is excellent! I did it last year and lost 15 lbs. Unfortunately I gained most of that back. I am currently doing the South Beach diet. The first 2 weeks are tough because you aren't allowed any carbs. That is extremely hard for me because I love bread and chocolate. I am making it though. You are on the right track. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! Loss is loss! I know it took me many weeks before I even lost any! It was forever. So any loss is good. Keep it up!
    Much love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loss is loss--I agree with that! Pat sounds so sweet, you must love him to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, here is the link, call me lame but i could not figure o/ how to underline your email address so it came back to me (duh!!)
    http://www.childbirthinternational.com/

    let me know what you think. it's a great program.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think being on a set program is really helpful and also having people to keep you accountable and that you know will pray for you.

    You are doing great! Thanks for the encouragement! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Down 1.4 for the week is excellent! I too am on Weight Watchers (I made lifetime, left and came back)and I LOVE it. I need that organization and structured envirnoment. You are doing so well, and you are right that GOD is concerned about everything about you and is in this weight loss journey with you. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!