Made to Crave. Today I have the unbelievable opportunity to not only share with you the impact this book is having on me, but to give away two copies that Lysa sent my way! And because I believe in this message so much, one of you will also have the chance to win the six-session teaching DVDs as a special gift from yours truly.
If you're like me, you are probably thinking, "Sure, as if I need another diet book! South beach, Dr. Phil, Cabbage Soup, blah, blah, blah." If there is one thing I want you to know, it's this: Made to Crave is NOT a diet book! Not even close! What you will find between those pretty blue covers are pages rich with spiritual truths - not only what God's Word says about our relationship with food, but how our relationship with God can make all the difference in changing our "issues" with food.
Here's a quick video from Lysa explaining (in a way I never could!) how Made to Crave is different.
Lysa answers other questions here.
Just in case you're not convinced, let me tell you a bit about my weight loss progress these past two weeks. I have been following my healthy eating and exercise plan, reading the book and working through the study questions, as well as watching the weekly webcasts. I have lost 1.2 lbs, 1% body fat, and 1" around my waist. (No, it's not the wild and crazy progress promised by some diet programs, but I've had that before and always ended up back here. This time, I want slow and consistent.)
Here's the more important thing, though - I feel great! I feel empowered, strong, committed, in control, confident, and beautiful. Yup, even beautiful. Having barely changed my body composition at all, I feel prettier by the sheer fact that I am not being a lazy, junk-food eating girl. Don't you want to find your "want to," too?! After all, you (and I) were made for more than this. More than this failure, more than this cycle, more than being ruled by taste buds. We were made for victory. (ch. 4)
Okay, time for the fun!
The grab (3 prizes):
- Made to Crave book
- Made to Crave book
- Made to Crave teaching DVD
Enter to win:
- just leave a comment between now and noon (MST) on Wednesday (Jan. 26): 1 entry
You can increase your odds of winning by doing the following...
- subscribe to the blog, whether by "following," email subscription, or another feed reader; don't forget to leave me a comment letting me know you subscribed (or that you are already a subscriber): 50 entries
- "like" on facebook: 25 entries
- "follow" on twitter: 25 entries
- "share" this post on facebook: 10 entries
- "retweet" this post on twitter: 10 entries
- send a friend to either like/follow/subscribe (and have that friend mention your name): 30 entries
Your name can be entered up to 151 times! So if you really, really want to win... *wink*
Remember to leave a comment on this post letting me know if/when you've done each of the above. (I don't want to miss any entries!)
And just so you don't worry about hitting subscribe/like/follow only to discover you've wasted your time, here's a sampling of what you'll find here at Titus 2:3-5...
* When God Messes up Your Plans
* Seven Steps to Stop Anger in its Tracks
* How to Repair a Cracked Vase
Later this week we'll be talking about (among other things)...
* Tough Parenting Moments: When Your Own Kid is the "Problem"
* Making Your Faith Real
Thanks for stopping by! I am so excited to spend the next few weeks getting to know you better! And hey - if you just can't wait to get your hands on Made to Crave, you can order it here.