Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Thanks to Mary for hosting Tiny Talk Tuesday each week, without fail.

Driving in a vehicle with five kids for eight days gets you really listening to the things they say...

Megan (5) about the brand-new portable DVD player with 2 screens - "That is OFF THE HOOK!!!" Seriously, where do they come up with this stuff?!

Shea (3), broken-hearted that the girls in the row behind her wouldn't play with her, "They not be my buddy." Aw, I would've even felt bad for her had it not been for the wailing that followed.

Abbey (6) really bonded with one of her cousins, A. She may have a slight crush, as it seems she thinks he hung the moon. All we heard her say, for the whole three days driving home, "A says this...A says that." If anyone disagreed (including parents), she would grow quite insistent. We finally just gave up. If A says it's true, then it must be so... I also noticed this phenomenon with the Kindergarten teacher. When did everyone else become the expert and I became the 'dumb mom?'

And my personal favourite...

Braeden (10) discussing driving. Braeden asks Dad if he can have a Mustang when he's old enough to drive. A teasing debate ensues about whether Mustangs really are 'just for girls' as Dad insists, or the 'coolest cars ever' in Braeden's humble opinion. When the goofiness settled down, Dad (referring to an old rusty Ford pick-up parked behind our garage) tells Braeden he can have his truck when he turns 16. Braeden responds with more excitement than we could have imagined, shrieking and 'woohoo'ing and bouncing up and down. He says, "Dad, you rock! Can I have your job, too?!" About an hour later, once Pat and I had wiped the tears from our eyes and caught our breath, he explained to Braeden that he wasn't referring to that truck (his work truck). Braeden's disappointment was palpable, "Bummer, dude."

1 comment:

  1. Oh Braeden...that is just so precious. he wants to be just like daddy. sweet stuff girl.

    I am heading into the "dumb mom" years I suspect...woah is me.

    8 days in the car...man o man...that is NOT off the hook.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!