Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Loot Bag Winners

I have to be honest - drawing names had to be one of the hardest things I've done in a long time! I would think, "Oh, I really hope she wins because she is a new reader," or "Clearly she is in love with this book, so I hope she wins it." Frankly, it stinks to have a limited number of prizes. I wish I could be like Oprah (not that I'm endorsing her, ahem) and tell you all that there is a fantastic gift waiting for you under your seat!

At the risk of sounding trite, I would like to remind you all that you do have a gift to open each and every day, and that's the Word of God. (I know, there is no way that it doesn't come across as a cliche, but seriously! His Word never returns void!) I just spontaneously asked God if He had a treasure He'd like me to share with you today, and one of my memory verses from last year popped into my head:
Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. ~Psalm 37:4-5, (emphasis mine)
And now, the winners of additional prizes...

#1 - Two copies of Lysa TerKeurst's Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl
Bobbie from 40 Shades of Pink

#2 - $29.39 gift card for Chapters/Indigo/Coles
Shauna of Shutterbugg Mom - That's Me!

#3 - One copy of Beth Moore's So Long, Insecurity: you've been a bad friend to us
Heather from the land of no blogs

#4 - An original photocard of your choice created by Danielle of Danielle Designs, in digital file
Jenny at/of The Wagner Family

If you are a winner, you will be getting an email from me asking for your mailing address and/or gathering other necessary details to get your loot bag into your hands. Thanks again for reading, encouraging, and playing!

I have a couple interesting observations/comments about this whole process...

First, you girls are too much fun! I must thank my mom for getting everyone off to a great start by commenting on the party post repeatedly - totally in the spirit I was looking for. Ironically, she did not win a single thing! LOL!

Those who don't know me personally might not know this, but the first three winners are all people that I know personally. I realize that makes the whole drawing process sound fishy, but I promise you there was no fishy-ness involved whatsoever!

Was anyone wondering about the odd amount of the gift card ($29.39)? I will proudly confess to re-gifting. There was a book purchased that was later returned without a receipt, and the poor little cash card has been sitting around just waiting for someone to love it. Since I seldom go to the physical store to buy books anymore, I figured someone else should have it. As well, Lysa's two books were mailed to me by Proverbs 31 Ministries as a promotional tool for women's ministry - re-gift. And though I had planned to buy someone a photocard created by Danielle, she offered to do it gratis! Does it get any easier to give stuff away?!

A few people managed to get their names entered four or five times, yet two of the winners only entered their names ONCE! I guess the whole theory of increasing your odds doesn't apply when you're drawing names from a hat child's plastic drinking cup.

One last thing... It really is better to give than to receive. I mean, I am beyond excited to get these prizes sent out to the winners! Each name I pulled gave me a little thrill for that person. Total fun!

Okay, I lied - just one more thing. But good golly! Does anyone remember me saying that one of the potential prizes would be a copy of my first public talk on Mommy Why Are You Angry? Yeah, I forgot, too. Obviously. Remind me of this a week or two down the road, and I'll see if I can't find an occasion for another giveaway. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I tuned in at exactly noon to see this post!! I am truly thankful and excited to see what it is in that book that God has for me, since He guided your hand to my slip! Afterward, I'll thnk about regifting (or at least lending) my brand, spankin' new book out to another lovely lady.
    I must say, I am shocked however. I just wanted to type you a little love. I didn't think that would eventually earn me a prize...just wishful thinking!! Oh! - and I still love you pumpkin...even from here in the "land of no blogs". Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...no prize for me. Oh well, I do have both books and really am super blessed already - and I loved how the prizes played out. God is so clever!

    F

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!