Monday, February 2, 2009

Dear Abbey,

Yesterday was your special day, and Thursday is your special party, so I decided to write you a little letter in-between.

Happy birthday, Abs! I cannot believe it was seven whole years ago that you were born.

As you grow up, I simply love your hunger to learn. Hearing you read brings me such joy; a love for reading is one special thing you and I have in common. Helping you find the answers to your questions about God is an honour. Being your Mom has brought so much wonder into my life!

Abbey, you make me laugh with your shy (and very witty) sense of humour. I love that you are confident enough to laugh at yourself, too. Remember when you tripped and fell into the paddling pool in our backyard? I can hear your giggles in my head when I think about it.

Thank-you for being you, and for loving me. You are a special girl and one of my very best friends. I love you, Abbey Dawn. Happy 7th birthday.

Love,
Mom

P.S. It makes me a bit sad that you don't call me Mama anymore, but it's just another one of those milestones that marks your growth.

P.P.S. In case I haven't said it lately, you are beautiful. :)

3 comments:

  1. Dear Abbey. I agree with everything your mom said about how special you are. I am so proud to be your grandma. You are my first granddaughter and it is so much fun to see you growing up. You are beautiful - inside and out - and I love you.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. To a wonderful little girl ...
    Happy Birthday Abbey ..may your day be very very special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful tribute to Abbey... way to go Tyler...
    and happy birthday Abbey!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!