Monday, October 20, 2008

The Earth is Square

It must be, because I have definitely fallen over the edge!

An explanation of my absence, in short version...

A group had booked our Church facility for their large women's conference. Twenty (or so) volunteers were needed to keep things clean and running smoothly. Those volunteers needed someone to coordinate what to do, when to do it, and the like. That was me. :)

It was a great blessing to serve, and the team of volunteers connected and had a lot of fun together. But man, my legs and feet ache. I am currently propping my eyelids open with toothpicks.

While I was gone, my man did dishes, made meals, and (drumroll, please) did laundry! (He even put it all away.) His homemaking skills totally trumped mine, and I'd like to offer him a new job with a much lower pay scale than he's used to. Thanks, honey! You rule!

Anyway, I figured you'd all be awaiting the big announcement. The winner of the 10,000 hits giveaway is (another drumroll, please).....

Lori from Panic! at the Refrigerator. Go visit her and say hello.

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:14
Timestamp: 2008-10-20 19:29:33 UTC
© 1998-2008


Because I knew it would be way to difficult to choose a winner, I went with the tried and true Random Integer Generator. I asked it to choose one number between the values of 1 and 17, and it chose 14. (I debated making it only out of 16 comments, because comment #17 was entered at hit #10,001. But I always tell my kids that if they tell the truth above all else, the consequence I would normally give will be less, or not at all. So my cheating (but honest) Tante still got to play. LOL!)

Lori, I will email you for your address. Give me a week to read your blog so I can attempt to pick a prize you'll love.

2 comments:

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!