Monday, July 4, 2011
It's been thirteen whole years, baby!
In honor of our thirteenth wedding anniversary (yesterday), the top thirteen things I admire about my husband.
13. He is so much fun to hang out with. Never a dull moment! (Just this weekend we went tubing behind a boat like we were kids. A few weeks ago we discovered geocaching. We've started camping - for fun. Need I say more?!)
12. His smart-alec sense of humor keeps a smile on my face.
11. He makes his daughters feel beautiful AND smart.
10. He builds up his sons' confidence. He not only teaches them new things and spends guy time with them, but he's quick to let them know he's proud of who they are.
9. He is a gifted encourager, always able to convince people to "keep on keeping on."
8. He is extravagantly generous with his time, his money, and his possessions. If you need help, he's the guy to call.
7. He looks for ways to show love to me, such as buying me a lounge chair for our camping weekend. (It's not his fault the lounge chair didn't end up being all that comfortable, lol.)
6. He watched a chick flick with me last night and didn't make a single smart-alec comment.
5. He vacuums the house nearly every week because he knows it's my least favorite job.
4. He agreed to try Weight Watchers with me, even though the meetings are nerdy.
3. He's handy around the house and can fix up most everything that breaks down.
2. He loves God and is always looking for ways to grow spiritually.
1. He is the hardest working, most passionate, unselfish guy I know. If he's going to commit to something, he goes all the way with it. (Which is why he's so deserving of the promotion he got on Friday!
And, here are a few camping photos. Just because. (Apparently I did not pull out my camera or my phone while at the actual campsite. So here are some photos from the beach.)
Click to enlarge. If you are receiving this post via email, you may need to visit my blog in order to see all the photos.