Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Wait

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. ~Isaiah 40:13


Though I've heard these words many times, and in my heart believed them, I have never quite been able to make sense of what they mean. Waiting is hard. Waiting makes me cranky and tired. Waiting does not make me feel like an eagle, but more like a brick - weighty and lifeless.

As I watched and learned from Beth Moore last night, she spoke a WORD. It is not waiting that renews our strength - but waiting on the LORD. Waiting on something - an event, a person, money - anything, saps our strength. Waiting on the thing will deplete us. It is the act of waiting on the LORD that renews our strength.

But what is the difference between waiting on the thing and waiting on the LORD? It is the knowing that, while we wait, God is not inactive. God does not sit idly as we wait. When the taking of time for God's plan is moving at a snail's pace, He is busy working in the background. Something is going on to bring everything (all the other factors that don't involve us) into line.

The time we spend waiting on God's will - what we call the meantime - it is God time. In our meantime, He is sorting it out! Waiting on the LORD is knowing that He is moving in our waiting. This waiting, it will renew our strength.

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. ~Habakkuk 2:3


* my reflections are based on "Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman" by Beth Moore

--------------------------------------------------------
Just a quick note on the Mother's Day Giveaway... I have not yet heard from our winner. Trisha, if I don't hear from you by end of day with your contact info, I will need to draw a new winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!