Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Want to See the Wonder

In our Bible study last night, Beth Moore posed this question:

Are you willing to work to see the wonder?

I was reminded of the many ways I just ask God to act - to intervene - yet am unwilling (or too lazy?) to step forward and do the work He has called me to do.

Lord, deliver me from this anger that sometimes devours me. My child, where are those verses I told you to post throughout your house, to remind you what I think of anger and love?

Oh God, please help me to lose this weight. Daughter, did I not tell you that you need to take care of your body?

Father, will You bless and guide this ministry? You know that my blessing is already on it; you need to keep on doing the work for Me.

Just another one of His reminders to keep on keeping on...

2 comments:

  1. We were just talking about this in a woman's group this morning! How many times do I expect Him to supernaturally do something for me, when He is saying, "I've given you the tools, now get up and DO IT!" Sometimes I just need to get up and do it!

    Your posts are making me want to do this study even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I want to do this study too! These are good reminders.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!