Thursday, July 30, 2009

On My Way (*edited)

For some reason I have this song in my head...
I'm on my way
From misery to happiness today
uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh
It's complete with The Proclaimers' funny accents and everything.

If that song is now hopelessly stuck in your head, or if (gasp) you've never had the privilege, just click here.

Though you'll be reading this in the morning, I'm typing it late at night.

I'm like a school girl, the night before the first day of Kindergarten. I am so excited that I'm practically vibrating. Yet I feel just nervous enough that my tummy is gurgling.

As you read this, I am in the skies above - well, I just don't know where. It has occurred to me that I don't actually know where North Carolina is in relation to Alberta! I always did dislike geography (although we actually call it social studies here in Canada).

As She Speaks flows along, I will try to pop over to my hotel room to post random pictures and little details about the happenings. And you can trust that if when God smacks me in the face with something He wants me to learn, I will tell you all about that, too!

Just fyi, my publisher appointments are at 2:45pm and 7:30pm on Friday. And my speaker evaluation groups at 8:00pm on Friday and 5:00pm on Saturday. This is in NC time (no clue what time zone that is, lol). So if you feel compelled to pray that I don't barf on my shoes - or those of the lovely publishers I will be speaking to - please do so especially at those times.

If I get to meet Lysa in person, oh golly, I will probably trip over my own tongue!

And now, I shall attempt to get approximately three hours of sleep before we begin our trek to the airport! hahahahahahhahahaha Oh, sorry, that is just my hysterical laughter at the idea of actually being able to sleep. And/or imagining how fantastically I am going to be functioning tomorrow. Go ahead, I know you want to laugh at me, too. If I do anything stupid in my stupor I'll be sure to make your day by sharing. ;)

* Okay, I had a burning need to come back on here at 3am to add this:
- please know that I am NOT miserable; those are just the words of the song, people...
and
- do you remember "Where in the World is Carmen, San Diego?"; thanks to my geographical ignorance, that song has been plaguing me in my sleep; I am now going to find out where I'm going (thank-you, mapquest!)

2 comments:

  1. You're hilarious! I loved Carmen SanDiego, now I'm going to be singing it all day long, thank you very much! ;)

    Have a fabulous time at SheSpeaks! I so wish I was going to meet you there in person, but it wasn't God's plan this year. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely in my prayers sister!!

    And we know that God causes everything to work together
    for the good of those who love God
    and are called according to his purpose for them.
    (Romans 8:28)

    I have complete confidence in you and your God-given abilities to shine this weekend...pray against anxiousness as that is not from our Lord.

    Looking forward to reading your updates..yup...excited to live through your experiences. Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!