Monday, July 6, 2009

Our Weekend

As young newlyweds, we didn't have a lot of money saved up for a fancy, exotic honeymoon. Instead, we chose to stay closer to home and visit the legendary West Edmonton Mall. To commemorate ten years (which, in this day and age is an accomplishment we are pretty darn proud of), we returned to our honeymoon destination.

We arrived at the Fantasyland Hotel Friday afternoon. Pat had arranged for the 'romance package' which included rose petals, champagne, a candle, massage oil, and bubble bath.




We went out for a leisurely dinner, then spent the evening enjoying the fun and entertainment at a piano bar, where they had dueling pianos. So talented! Unfortunately, none of my pictures or videos of the talented crew turned out. I did get to practice my hand at self-portraits...


Most of Saturday was spent wandering the many halls of the mall and shopping for clothes. I had a fair amount of success, and Pat spent his day sitting on benches drinking a lot of coffee. :)

Late Saturday afternoon, I had a special appointment. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.




In answer to your question - yes, it hurt a LOT! But I totally love it. Love it!

Then we headed out for a late show - Star Wars (Pat got to choose since we spent the whole day doing stuff for me). At the theatre, there are some amazing robotics hanging from the ceiling. The dragon really breathes fire!


Because it was our special weekend, we received a complimentary upgrade to a theme room on our second night. We chose the Polynesian room. It had a volcano jet tub (which we didn't get to try out due to my fresh tattoo), and a sailboat bed.




I think that my favourite part of the weekend was sleeping in until 9:30am for two mornings in a row!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun time. Now I'm waiting for you to post about the gifts you brought for the kids - and the gift they created for you.....

    F

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is on the floor. You got a TATOO? Girl! You are so brave! But... when you are celebrating your 70th wedding anniversary, you can look back and say, yes... this is from my 10th celebration!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!