Monday, May 30, 2011

Do you test or trust?

Our problem is that we want to test God rather than trust Him. We want to experiment with him rather than rely on Him.

We're like the boy who tests the doubtful ice instead of skating confidently where God is leading. What is our faith worth is we don't trust completely?

It is perfectly natural to trust in our own understanding, to rely on our own natural strengths, gifts, or talents (and indeed some modern prophets tell us to do so!). But it is the walk of faith to trust His teaching and direction.

Give Him first place and let Him have precedence. This is the secret of safe guidance and peaceful progression. Simple dependence upon Him, committing our all to Him, obeying Him implicitly - this is how to acknowledge Him "in all thy ways."

~ Al Bryant

Is there an area in your life where you've been testing God, rather than trusting Him and stepping out in obedience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!