I was reflecting on peace this AM, and how I am truly experiencing it while Pat's away. I was soaking up some Scriptures about how peace is something we pursue, contemplating how to turn my thoughts into a blog post.
Next thing I know...
- one child is tossing a hissy fit about boots (new boots chosen by said child last night) - apparently they're too puffy; said child left for school in runners, with a scowl on, and with stinky breath from unbrushed teeth
- one child spazzed on the way out the door because the snow pants were not easy enough to find - this is apparently my fault
- one child slept in and needed to be pushed every single step of the way this morning, and then some
- my comments on the blog are not being emailed to me, which appears to be a problem with my email server - instead of posting I was attempting to fix the problem
- my laundry shelf fell from it's perch and dropped all of its contents on the floor and into a hamper full of clean laundry (contents included powdered laundry detergent, 400 or so batteries, assorted screwdrivers, a picture hanging kit with approximately 2600 small pieces, and a basket full of new light bulbs)
As for blog posts, I suspect that this may be all you'll get today. Apparently I was feeling a bit too confident in my ability to seek God's peace and the enemy is setting out to knock me down a few notches. There were a couple battles this morning that I already allowed him to win, but I intend to have the victory of the war before the kids are home from school today! In Jesus' name.
Your prayers would not be wasted on me today.