Tuesday, August 31, 2010

M & M Wrap-up

For those of you who have joined me this summer, mediating on and memorizing God's Word...

Thank-you.

I pray that, as we move into the fall and some sense of routine begins to return to our lives, we will all continue to seek to know God's Word and bury it in our hearts.

Keep on practicing the verses you were learning this summer, until you know and love them all. Save the index cards you've written them on and revisit them in a few months to see what you've retained. You will be surprised!

How has this summer M & M experience been for you? Enjoyable? Frustrating? A bit of both?

I am considering doing a monthly M & M here (I think many of us - ahem, me - need more time than just 2 weeks to get a verse really memorized). Before I go ahead, though, I am wondering how many of you would join me?

For those new to my blog and wondering what the heck I'm babbling about... Basically, once a month I'll put up a blog post called "M & M." All of us who are participating will put a verse in the comments - a verse that we plan to spend the next month meditating on and trying to memorize. Those who blog can also write their own post linking back here and inviting their friends and readers to join us. There's no "formality" about it, just a bunch of Jesus-lovin' girls encouraging each other to bury God's Word in our hearts.


Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking that the more time I have the less time I spend actually memorizing. I'd like to try once a week! Oops! Did I say that out loud? I've really enjoyed it, and coming here every week has certainly kept me accountable and in God's word...if for no other reason (sometimes) than to find a suitable verse for each particular situation.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!