Thursday, June 3, 2010

Going on His Strength

I'm sure lots of people haven't noticed my absence this week, but for those few friends who have I thought I'd let you know where I've been.

I am spending my time in an ICU waiting room. My friend's husband was in a serious accident, and I am here with her. Days are long and emotional. Nights are short and restless. The food is, well, hospital food. But the fellowship is blessed, the prayers are anointed, and the humour is bordering on ridiculous.

I have a thousand blog posts stirring in my mind, but limited computer access on a 15-year-old computer. (The above paragraphs took me 8 minutes to type on this sticky, old keyboard.) So they will have to wait until next week to move from my brain to my fingertips.

I ask that you be in prayer for my beautiful friend, Deborah and her family. Andrew's injuries are extensive and he has not yet regained consciousness (accident was Sat AM). The children - 5 of them - are worried and waiting. If you would like to pray specifically and be updated you can become a fan of the facebook page "Pray for Andrew Carpenter" or send me an email to be added to the distribution list. If you want to help the family, you will also find information (on facebook) about how to contribute financially and help keep things afloat for the many months of recovery and rehabilitation.

I'll be back later. Thanks for hanging out on this here blog space with me. Each and every one of you readers is a blessing and an encouragement to me. I love you like I know you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am praying for your friend's husband. I also have a young man name Will that needs prayers. He fell out of a tree on TUesday while trimming trees for his business. he fell 35 feet and is in pretty serious condition as well.

    thanks for letting us know about Andrew so we can be praying!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!