Friday, June 25, 2010

5QF

My friend Mama Bird has been answering questions on Fridays for a few weeks, and this week I could not resist joining in on Five Question Friday.

1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument?

Long ago, in a life far, far away, I briefly played piano, clarinet, and flute. I still do a stellar version of "Heart and Soul" on the piano. I've regretting giving up on piano for many years, but my pre-teen self was not too keen on the strict practice regimen.

2. What is your pet peeve while driving?

Texting while driving is my most recent pet peeve. But for years I have been driven crazy by the fools who brake for green lights as if they are yield signs!

3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services?

Housekeeper. Absolutely. I had a housekeeper briefly when we moved, and the saddest thing in the world was when I had to take over my own housework. Even now, it brings a tear to my eye.

4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance?

Grade 7, Jennifer D. and I, anytime we were together (but especially walking around the school yard at recess.



5. What song best represents your life right now?

As I journey with my friend Deb (aka invisigirl); as I wait and hope and pray for provision for She Speaks; as I pray for so many friends and family bearing burdens (financial, cancer, teen pregnancy, unsaved loved ones), this song is the one that dominates my thoughts and prayers.



And if our God is for us,
Then what can ever stop us?
And if our God is with us,
Then what can stand against us?

Our God is greater,
Our God is stronger,
God you are higher than any other!
Our God is healer,
Awesome and Power!
Our God! Our God!

1 comment:

  1. I love that song (I'm referring to Our God is Greater, not Push It)!

    How do you go on living after something as tragic and unfortunate as giving up a housekeeper?!? Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic, but still! I've never had one, but if I DID have one, I'm not sure I could ever return to the land of "Doingmyowncleaning". I love having a clean house...hate cleaning.

    5QF is fun, isn't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!