Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Family Funnies


Our family has been telling each other jokes for years. Dinner time last night was spent practicing our humour on one another. I thought I'd share a few of our favourites and see if you can add any good ones to the mix.

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs, floating in the water?
Bob.


Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana again?


What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs, laying at the front door?
Matt.


Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Ya.
Ya who?

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs, hanging on the wall?
Art.

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Interrupting cow.
Interrupting cow wh...
MOO!


Of course, I always love the classics that the little kids come up with when they're first learning how to joke. Here's Kai's new funny:

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Elephant.
Elephant who?
Heavy elephant.
(This one is faithfully followed by gales of laughter from the rest of the family.)

As you can see, we've got a few standard jokes kicking around. Do you have any favourite family-approved jokes we can borrow?

* This post has been linked up to Tiny Talk Tuesday at Not Before 7.

3 comments:

  1. I just "found" you on God Speak's Today (one of my favorite blogs). I just read about 20 of your posts (and wanted to keep reading). So I am becoming a follower and look forward to hearing more of your journey.

    I like you style and your honesty.

    I used to be a first grade teacher - all first graders think the jokes they make up are hilarious :)

    Enjoy your day,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my brothers taught in public middle school for many years. When the school year started he would tell the students that he thought it was great to have joke in class everyday. He then shared his rules for jokes...
    "No jokes that make fun of people's religion, nationality, deformities or body parts,vulgarities, and so on an so forth...Anyone have a joke they would like to share?" As students mulled over the jokes they knew, invariable a student would finally ask, "Well what is left to joke about?"
    My brother liked to respond..."Right,well and that's our joke punch line for today."

    If I think of any family friendly jokes I've heard, I'd be glad to share them, but I often forget the punch lines after extracting a patient listen and then, even when my husband bails me out, the joke's on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My (almost four year old) son's favorite right now:

    Mumma, do you know how to yodel?
    No, buddy, I don't know how to yodel.
    Knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Little old lady.
    Little old lady who?
    Mummy, I thought you didn't know how to yodel.


    *rolling eyes*

    He falls off his chair laughing.
    Every.
    time.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!