Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Small Villages of Haiti Need our Help!

As Haiti is hit by numerous aftershocks and people give generously to the relief effort, another tragedy is happening in their country - the small communities throughout Haiti are not being reached by this generosity! The relief effort is solely focused in Port-Au-Prince, and smaller communities have been levelled and are running short on supplies.

If your heart is to assist in these neglected areas of Haiti, I would encourage you to give generously to Haiti Arise Ministries. They are situated in Grand Goave, which is a slightly larger small community situated in the middle of many little villages. Haiti Arise WILL focus their aid in these areas. They have already been offering care to many people from those areas.

And just as with the Red Cross and many other well-known charitable organizations, Haiti Arise is eligible for the grant from the Canadian government - where every dollar Canadians donate is matched.

Please continue to pour out your love on the people of Haiti by both praying and donating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!