Friday, October 9, 2009

Fellowship is Good for the Soul

We just wrapped up an evening of visiting with some good friends. Four adults, ten kids, lots of food, crazy amounts of noise, and solid theology.

Not once did any child come to us with an argument. No one was bored for even a moment (even the 14 and 16 year olds enjoyed their evening). And the laughter rang out for hours.

The best thing about the whole evening, though, was that God was a part of it. Every moment. Not just a "topic of conversation" that was gone when the chit-chat shifted. But in everything we thought about, talked about, laughed about, God was at the centre.

When they and their five packed out the door, I went to clean the kitchen (we were too busy visiting to be bothered with doing a total clean). As I finished scrubbing the last pan, I realized that I had been smiling for nearly 20 minutes of scrubbing pots and pans.

I've had friends, Pat's had friends, but no matter how we've tried we have never had a couple that are OUR friends, jointly. Frankly, we've never had so much fun!

Friendship is great, fun is super, but when you combine those and put God in the centre, that's how you get fellowship. And fellowship is better than super - it truly is good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!