Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting Into the Spirit of Christmas

Ever struggle with your faith? With understanding how God has it all figured out? All taken care of? Worried about finances this Christmas? Read this awesome post!

The Generosity Project is celebrating advent daily. Read this post first; if you're like me you'll be unable to resist taking 10 minutes to read through the archives. Consider creating your own experiment in generosity.

Here are two scriptures shared at The Generosity Project that spoke to me:

Matthew 5:42 (NIV, UK version) Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Romans 12:13 (unknown version, perhaps her own paraphrase - but I like it) Get into the habit of inviting guests home for dinner.

3 comments:

  1. Hello... I made it to your blog by way of Spring's. This is my first time here and I wanted to say hello. I love to meet other ladies that are passionate about the Lord. Maybe we can get to know one another.

    Blessings!
    Shanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool links Tyler! And I haven't left you since you added the music player, just have to "mute" you before the music jumps out at me first thing in the morning :) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful that this story impacted your life as much as mine and encouraged you in your walk. I would love to hear how God is using The Generosity Experiment in your life. I'm sure there are wonderful stories!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!