Monday, August 22, 2011

Can My Husand Really Be Mr. Mom?

Today is the last in a series of great posts written by eight fantastic and inspiring women. A bittersweet moment - the conclusion of my two week vacation and my return to the online vortex of blogging. How I've missed you! I do hope you've been blessed by what these super cool ladies had to share, and I trust that you've been encourging them with some comment love. {wink} See ya tomorrow!

I tend to consider myself not much of an organized person.  However, when I need to pull out the stops on organizing I can carry my own.  So as this week approached I had some heavy organizing to do.

I had a business trip to make and three children to find a place for if my husband would not be able to get off work for the days I would need to be gone.

I registered Aaron, my 12 yr old and Joel my 9 yr old for Circle Square Ranch which was to start Sunday, the day after I was to leave for my trip.  My 3 yr old Gabriel was excited to find out that he was to be spending his first sleepover at Grandma and Grandpas.  My husband Evan could take care of the pets and hold down the fort.

This left me packing 4 different suitcases going in 4 different locations.  Now I am not sure if you have ever had to do this, but it gets quite complicated.  For example, does your family share toothpaste?  Mine does!  So we needed more tubes!!

I masterminded a plan and everything looked to be in place.  Now all it needed was to go off without a hitch.  Problem?  I was leaving BEFORE the plan was to be in motion.  This meant my husband had to step into my shoes and fulfill the script I had written.  I wrote notes and talked...a lot even though I knew half the time I probably sounded like Charlie Browns teacher!  I stressed a bit as I just wanted everything to go well.  I was counting on my family to make mommy being gone as painless as possible.  I am not sure how many times I said 'and this note is for...”

As I tried to cover every base I could think of to make sure my husband would be as close to what I would do as possible, something hit me.

Jesus wants us to be just like Him.  He wants us to do what He would do.  God gave us His word to make sure that we could do just that.  He reminds us we need to read it.  He nudges us we have not looked at His “notes” for awhile.  When Jesus left He told us He was going home to prepare a place for us, but He sent us a helper to make sure we can put His plan in motion.  He went before us and it is up to us to do the work He asks us to do.  We just need to keep referring to Gods Word, the “notes” He left for us.

That left me with two huge lessons.  Number One, Jesus wants me to keep studying His Word and to be more like Him, and Number two, I can worry and stress all I want about leaving my family, but it is not going to make it go any smoother.  I cannot do anything about it once I am 4000 Kilometers away so I might as well just pray about it and ask for peace as HE takes care of my precious kids and husband!

John 14:23-27 is an excellent reminder of this, but my favorite part is verse 27.

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Jesus trusted me to do what He asked me to do.  I think I am going to have to trust my Hubby to pull off a Mr. Mom (even though I sometimes believe I am irreplaceable!). 

Have a glorious blessed Day!
---------------------------------------------------------

 
April Klippenstein is married to her husband Evan and and is a mother of three amazing boys ages 12, 9 and 3.  She homeschools her children and manages to balance a career with Mary Kay Cosmetics as a Independent Sales Director and Beauty Consultant.  She is also a writer and speaker when she can fit it in. 
April resides in Eckville, Alberta and dreams of one day being able to complete her first novel, even if she has to wait until the children fly the coop!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!