Monday, August 29, 2011

Quotable Quotes

"What if you woke up today with only the things (or people) that you thanked God for yesterday?" ~ floating around Facebook (don't know the origin)

"God will not love you more if you carve out more time in your schedule for Him; but you may love HIM more because you'll know him better." ~ Donna Partow

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid He might ask me the same question." ~ Lee Strobel

I've tried to skim past these quotes in my Facebook and Twitter feeds, but they just keep showing up. They're bumping up against me, rubbing themselves in my face, and taunting me. Not in a guilt-inducing way, but more an uncomfortable, Holy conviction.

What about you? Do these quotes - or any others - make you pause and take inventory?

(P.S. If you're wondering about the absence of vacation photos, wonder no longer! I'm having some issues with uploading. I'll get it figured out eventually. But in the meantime, you can see the majority of our vacation fun on my Facebook page.)

1 comment:

  1. Those are GREAT quotes! Thanks for quoting them! That first one grabbed me and Logan and I had a conversation about it - it's been confirmed that he'd be sitting in a tree in the woods with 2 of his 3 sisters - no mosquito bites, and no family or food :P

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!