Thursday, July 15, 2010

M & M #3

To keep ourselves saturated in God's Word this summer, a few of us are joining together in Scripture memory. Every two weeks, we choose a new verse and share it here. I would be honoured to have you join me. Even if you're brand new here, you can start today!

Wondering exactly how to do this mediation and memorization (m & m) thing? Check out the first M & M post.

How did you do with your memory verse these past two weeks?

If you joined in last time, tell us how you did. Try writing your verse in the comments - from memory. Don't worry if you don't quite have it down! Remember, even as you work on new verses, you continue to practice the previous ones. And if you chose a larger passage of Scripture, you just might need to stay focused on that one for the whole month.

Here's my last verse, from memory (hopefully I've got it down; I was a little lax in my practicing!): If God has been generous with you, He will expect you to serve Him well. If He has been more than generous, He will expect you to serve Him even better. ~Luke 12:48b (CEV). (Okay, confession, I had to look at my index card to remember where in the Bible this verse came from! I had James in my head.)

Which passage of Scripture are you going to tackle for the next two weeks?

Because I'm preparing for She Speaks, and have been very focused on my writing and speaking these days, I have chosen 1 Peter 4:11:

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the very strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and power forever and ever. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. "Do not neglect your gift that was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you" 1 Tim. 4:14

    Woo hoo!

    I am endeavouring to do 2 verses this time, mostly because I couldn't choose one specifically, but also to do a little catch up.

    2 Tim. 1:6 "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands."

    Hebrews 11:40 "God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids and I are working on Psalm 23. Here's what I've got down so far.

    "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside quiet waters; he restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff they comfort me."

    That's all I can remember...The kids have verses 1-2 down and they're doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not doing very well but I plan to make my camping partner help me learn all of my verses next week. So, my new verse is:

    Zephaniah 3:17
    For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

    Frieda

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!