Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nothing Like an Ice-Cold Lemonade

While we were away recently, I received an email from Sarah. She said, Hi~ Love your blog, and just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Lemonade Award on my blogs . I appreciate your content of being a Christian and striving to be a woman of God. Thanks so much! Sarah In case you didn't notice, Sarah said "blogs" because she's got a few - 8 Muddy Boots, Beautiful 2 God, and Lake Women's Ministry.

In the world of blogging, it can be difficult to keep ourselves from turning it into a popularity contest, based on how many comments we receive, how many followers we have, how many hits we get each day. I know I'm not the only blogger who has looked at sites like Pioneer Woman's and wondered how in the world she accomplished it - and if it's possible for anyone else (ahem, self) to attain such internet fame.

It's so important to remember why. Why did I start blogging? To grow in my faith, to share my faith, to be real with other women, to keep a record for my children, to express myself... Interesting that achieving fame, hits, comments, and so on are not on my list.

Thank-you, Sarah, for reading the things I ramble on about here, and seeing who I am, "a Christian striving to be a woman of God." No amount of comments could replace the feeling of knowing that someone out there gets me.

I'd like to pass the blessing on to some other bloggers who are on this walk with me - in real life.
Christine at Passionate Homemaking...Becoming P31,
Karalee at The Andrus Family,
Shauna at Shutterbugg Mom - That's Me,
Nadine at Daughter of the King,
and my only male reader (with the exception of Pat) Jordan Polson.
I almost missed someone (perhaps because she hasn't posted in FIVE WEEKS), but here's hoping this will get her inspired words flowing again - Stacy at my simple walk.

There are some "rules" for the receipt and acceptance of this award, but you may notice I really didn't follow the rules. So make your own rules if you like, just make sure you share the linky love with the one who bestowed (isn't that a great word?!) the award (ahem, me) and those you are awarding. That is, if you feel like accepting the award. I promise not to get all bent out of shape if you don't.

1) Put the Lemonade Award logo on your blog or post
2) Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude or gratitude
3) Link to your nominees within your post
4) Let the nominees know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog
5) Share the love and link to the person from who you received your award

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks so much for continuing to live up to and reflect what you strive for!
    Sister in Christ- Sarah

    PS- fellow rambler, your in good company! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, an blogging award. I've never received on of those before,Thanks Tyler! BTW I love reading your blog and hearing what's on your heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler, I GET YOU and I so appreciate your blog!!! Thanks for keeping your readers eyes focused on Jesus!! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!