Monday, September 19, 2011

Musings of a Working Mom

Sitting in front of a computer for five hours each day brings with it an inexplicable sense of exhaustion.

Not only is it difficult to cook supper after working, it's next to impossible to decide what supper should be!

Children really do thrive when given responsibilities, and will usually rise to meet your expectations.

When your work is all at the computer, you lack any desire to sit in front of the computer at home.

Suddenly, your husband's need for a few minutes of "alone time" right after work makes a lot more sense.

Sometimes, a movie marathon weekend is the best idea for family fun.

Packing lunch the day before is vital if one wants to eat during her half hour lunch break.

If you can't do laundry daily (or even every few days), you better pray everyone has enough clothing to keep them going for a week.

When laundry is only done weekly, it is an all-day marathon.

When do working moms wash bedding?!

Date night at home becomes more appealing than date night out. (At home you can wear exercise pants and sprawl on the couch.)

You are awe-struck by the working moms who do it forty hours per week. Especially single moms. Wow. Heroes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

On a little side note... So far, I am really enjoying my job! There is a lot to learn, but I feel like I'm "getting it." I've always loved planning events, so the fact that we're all working towards one big event is highly motivating.

Through a series of God-ordained circumstances, I am actually working in a different position than originally planned; I am the Speaker/Artist Coordinator. My job is to help find speakers and musicians for the conference, then to keep in touch with them and their needs. How cool is that?!

3 comments:

  1. Tyler, you are amazing! So glad to hear that your job is going well :) Working out a new routine for that housework stuff sounds challenging, but I'm sure it can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you know it, your home will have a new routine and structure to it. Glad to hear it's going well. If it's any consolation, I don't honestly remember the last time I washed bedding. It's on a desperate need-to-do basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cool my friend, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!