Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Potty Training Boys 101


Okay, I've only potty trained two boys, so I may not be an expert in the matter. But I have potty trained five kids total, so I'd say I'm well-versed in the subject of potty training.

I want to give you one simple tip that will help your little man "get" potty training faster.

Let him pee standing up.

Some of you are thinking, "Duh. Of course." But I know that when I had my first boy, I was convinced that all children must first learn to pee while sitting. After all, their aim is a little precarious at the age of two. I'm making an assumption that I'm not the only Mom who believed in the 'sitting to pee while potty training rule.'

Anyway, change your rule. Let him pee standing up. And if at all possible, let him see other boys standing to pee (Daddy, big brother, etc.).

If he's not quite tall enough, buy a little step stool.

If his aim is terrible, drop a couple Cheerios in the bowl for him to aim at.

I assure you, this little tip will make potty training way more fun for him! And boys are all about the fun...

1 comment:

  1. I have trained 5 boys...Ditto the standing up thing. Also, I don't start until they are at least 3. Save yourself the headache.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!