Wednesday, June 1, 2011

You Know it's Bad When...

...you view a video of your own teaching and convict yourself.

Somehow, the enemy got into our heads and convinced us that it was okay to stop tithing "for a while" while we got our debts in order. Now that the veil of deception has been lifted, I cannot believe I bought into that crap! (Yes, I said crap.)

At the poorest time in our lives, we began to tithe regularly, and God provided abundantly and exceedingly more than we could ask or imagine. Now, we live in one of the wealthiest communities in our province (not that we're necessarily wealthy) and we started to worry that maybe God wouldn't provide.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Anyway, I figured that if this was one of my "soapbox issues" and the devil managed to get me to compromise my values, maybe I'm not the only one. I hope this little message blesses and encourages you (and maybe even convicts you a bit, like it did me).

1 comment:

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!