Thursday, September 9, 2010

Apples and Oranges and Bananas, Oh My!

In my quiet times lately, a couple verses keep coming back to me...

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a [wo]man remains in me and I in [her] she will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. ~John 15:5
and

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. ~Galatians 5:22-23
On a bit of a side note - both of these verses were memory verses for me in 2009. I just tried to type them from memory. I do believe it would be a good time to review last year's verses!

Like I said, these verses keep coming back to me. In my listening time, God has been repeatedly reminding me to remain in Him so that I can bear good fruit. Then the list of the fruits of the Spirit dances around in my thoughts. (Not unlike the visions of sugar plumbs that the children see in 'Twas the Night Before Christmas; hence the title of the post, and yes - I do believe I am a bit sleep-deprived this morning!)

For the next ten weeks, I am going to pour myself into studying God's Word on these things (one week on understanding what it is to remain, nine weeks on the fruits). I'd love for you to join me. Who am I kidding?! If you come and read regularly, you have no choice! Bwahahahaha! Kidding - you obviously do have a choice. I just hope you will choose to dig into God's Word with me.

Here's how it will look... I'm going to make it a little series of one post per week. There will be no set day, as I want to let God lead. If I need an entire week in His Word to understand a little bit about patience, then the post will show up on Friday. If I walk smack-dab into revelation about self-control (sure, that'll happen) on Monday you'll see a post early in the week. (I realize you may not be too concerned about which day of the week the post appears on. Really, this paragraph was written for me. Because being random goes pretty strongly against my order-oriented grain. So I need a little time to wrap my head around the concept. Mkay?)

In the posts I will share verses I find, thoughts I have, questions that come up. I'd like for it to be an interactive thing, so please share your thoughts, verses, and questions in the comments. (Honestly, you people have no idea how much I love it when you comment! It warms my heart. Seriously. I an affirmation junkie.)

I am already learning some lessons on patience this morning, as everyone was up at 6am and has been coming in my office asking for things for an hour! Sorry, I tend to go off on rabbit trails like that when I am repeatedly interrupted.

Back on topic now. Oh wait, never mind. The end. :)

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to this! Sorry your morning was so interrupted. Personally, I think life would be better if the kids could understand that mom needs even just 5 minutes to open her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this will be great....I look forward to jumping in!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!