Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Anger

It's a palpable presence, overtaking the room, sucking away the air.
Turning the heart black, choking out the love.
Vision grows blurry, each sound intensified - echos.
The anger weaves in and out, around and around.
Taunting, calling out, whispering, nudging.
One thing, then the next, the pressure builds.
Arms spread, mouth opens, welcomes it. Invites it.
Releases it.
In its wake, emptiness.
A vacuum of silence. Tears of devastation.
Windswept and weary, emotions pool and puddle.
The Anger - life-killer, joy-stealer, pain-bearer.
What must we do to cease its wrath?
Release. Let go. Turn it over.
Only He.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by! My hope is that we can engage in a conversation together. I love to reply to your comments, but I need your help to make that happen.

If you have a blogger profile, would you consider editing your profile to "show my email address?" Then, when I receive your comment in my email inbox, I can reply directly to you.

Alternately, you can check the box "email follow up comments to..." so that I can reply to you right here. (You will also receive other readers' comments using this method.)

I'm excited to get to know you better!